- Yes-No Questions
Yes or No questions also called closed questions. Yes/No questions is a question for which an answer of yes or no is acceptable. This kind of question is formed by putting an auxiliary verb before the subject.
- Are you student? Yes, I am
- Do you have food? No, I haven’t
- WH Questions
When we asking to someone for get more information, we can use WH questions. The question word always start such as what, who, when, where, why, who, whose, which, how.
- What is your name? My name is Sakura
- How you can get scholarship?
- Why you never eat rice?
- Tag Questions
Tag questions also called disjunctive questions. Question tags are short questions that appear at the end of some sentences. We use them to show emphasis, politeness, irony or lack of confidence. Question tags are usually used in informal and spoken English.
- If the main clause is positive :
~ She plays guitar, doesn’t she?
- If the main clause negative :
~ You don’t have money, do you?
- Choice Questions
We use choice questions when we offer choices. And the answer is already in the question.
- Do you want to eat pizza or steak? Steak!
- Do you want to watch anime or drama? I want to watch anime
- Are you
- Hypothetical Questions
Hypotheticals are situations, statements or questions about something imaginary rather than something real. We ask hypothetical questions to have a general idea of a certain situation (like a questionnaire).
- What would you do if you have much money?
- Would you take a scholarship to Japan?
- Embedded Questions
Embedded questions are also called indirect questions. A questions have affirmative word order, and are used in two situations :
- Polite questions
- Could you tell me how to get scholarship?
- Reported speech
- She asked me, where my house address is?
- Leading Questions
We ask leading questions when we want to get the answer we desire.
- What do you think negative effect of smoke?
- You are Japanese, …
- She writes a good story, …
- He didn’t go to work, …
- Are you hungry?
- Do you make this cake?
- Does she loves you?
- Where will you go tomorrow?
- When you will come back to Japan?
- How much the price of this delicious food?
- Do you want to rent a car or motorcycle?
- Did you trip to Russia or German?
- What would you do if you break up with your boyfriend?
- Would you come to see theater performance?
- Could you help me to repair my bicycle?
- He asked Yuki, which one food that I like is?